2019-2020 Kindergarten Registration Information
EDKP- Extended (Full) Day Kindergarten Program Registration
Hours to register: 8:00 - 2:30 pm on regular school days
EDKP Registration Window: Monday, Jan. 28 - Feb. 8, 2019
Half-Day Kindergarten registration begins on Mon. Jan. 28, 2019
Fee: $50.00 non-refundable deposit, $300.00 per month for EDKP
Kindergarten Registration for the 2019-2020 school year will begin on Jan. 28, 2019. You can register at Prairie Hills from 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. on regular school days. Registration forms are available at the school and also online at www.adams12.org/enrollment/forms. Parents/guardians will still need to come to the school during the above listed dates/times to fully complete the registration process.
Kindergarten Registration Requirements:
Adams 12 Five Star Schools requires the following documents to enroll your student: parent/guardian photo ID, child's birth certificate, up-to-date immunization record and one current proof of residency (utility bill, cable bill, trash bill, or rental or purchase agreement with your name and address showing). Please bring these documents with you to Registration. Children must be 5 years old on or before October 1, 2019 in order to enter kindergarten. Placement in Half Day is guaranteed for those students living within the Prairie Hills Boundary. Placement in the EDKP- Extended (Full) Day Kindergarten Program is dependent upon space availability and a tiered lottery system.
Half-day Kindergarten Registration begins January 28th. To register, you must live within the boundary of Prairie Hills Elementary or check here to see if Choice options are currently available. The following documents are needed to enroll your student: birth certificate, up-to-date immunization record and two current proof of residencies (utility bill, cable bill, trash bill, rental or purchase agreement with your name and address showing). Please bring these documents with you to register your student(s).
Priority Registration for Extended Day (Full Day) Kindergarten Program begins January 28, 2019 and runs through February 8th, 2019.
Prairie Hills is offering tuition-based, extended day kindergarten. Tuition for Extended Day Kindergarten Program throughout the Adams 12 Five Star School District will be $300 per month. A $50 non-refundable registration fee is due upon acceptance into the program and the non-refundable balance of $250 will be due in March. (You will be notified of the exact dates if you are accepted into the program.) This is not a first come - first served basis. You can read about Adams 12's tiered-priority system for EDKP registration and out-of-district EDKP enrollment here. Placement into an extended day kindergarten program may be dependent on space availability and/or a sufficient number of students to create the class.
Additional Information about Extended Day Kindergarten
- Lunch is not included in the monthly tuition fee. Lunch will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian. Parents/guardians may choose to send their child with a lunch or buy hot lunch through the school's lunch program.
- If your child attends an Extended Day Kindergarten Program through Choice at a traditional school that is not their boundary school, there is no guarantee that he/she will be allowed to remain at the school for first grade. If the school is open to Choice for the next year, you may apply to Choice to remain at the school. If you are not approved to remain or school is not open to Choice, your child will return to their boundary school for 1st grade. For students attending a magnet school (Hulstrom, STEM Lab, STEM Launch, or The Studio School), the student will remain at that school for first grade.
- Payments are due the first day of every month or the last day of the month if the first day falls on a weekend. If payment is not received by the 5th day of the month, a late fee is assessed. If a child's Extended Day Kindergarten account becomes delinquent, the child will be moved to a half-day kindergarten class at that traditional school. Non-sufficient funds (NSF) checks will be subject to additional fees and charges.
- Monetary adjustments to tuition will not be made for illness, vacations or other absences.
- Dissemination of information about Extended Day Kindergarten does not guarantee that a child will be placed in Extended Day at a particular school.
- Extended Day (Full Day) Kindergarten follows the same bell schedule for entrance and dismissal as the rest of the school.
To be eligible for possible placement into a Kindergarten Extended Day program, applications must be submitted to Prairie Hills no later than Feb. 8, 2019.
More information about Kindergarten options can be found on the Adams 12 website here.